So today I want to mention eating for diabetics because that is one of the hardest things to deal with when you are diagnosed.
Create a healthy meal plan:
To create a healthy meal plan you should do the following:
- Eat a variety of foods as recommended in the Diabetes Food Pyramid to get a balanced intake of the nutrients your body needs – carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Make changes gradually because it takes time to accomplish lasting goals.
- Reduce the amount of fat you eat by choosing fewer high-fat foods and cooking with less fat.
- Eat more fiber by eating at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Eat fewer foods that are high in sugar like fruit juices, fruit-flavored drinks, sodas, and tea or coffee sweetened with sugar.
- Use less salt in cooking and at the table. Eat fewer foods that are high in salt, like canned and packaged soups, pickles, and processed meats.
- Eat smaller portions and never skip meals.
- Learn about the right serving sizes for you.
- Learn how to read food labels.
- Limit use of alcohol.
It's hard to make that change but when you do you will feel the difference in your day to day activities, you will also feel better.