Monday, March 28, 2011

Coming to terms....

Hi to anybody reading this, I decided to start a blog as a way of airing and dealing with the problems of being a Diabetic. I am not trying to solve all the problems of Diabetics out there but just to give an idea and maybe a way to help other Diabetics to come to terms with their current or newly found disease. If you felt like sharing tips or ideas feel free to.
A little about me, i'm 33 just got married 18 months ago to a great lady who over time has become a great source of companionship and strength. I found out i was Diabetic around 11 yrs ago but at first I thought oh no big deal what ever i am young it won't effect me and put it on the back burner. It wasn't till 6 yrs ago I went for a job and had to disclose my medical history and had no choice but to deal with it. Needless to say it was a good thing my sugars were so out there mt doctor was surprised i wasn't in a diabetic coma from high sugars.
I went to a information session to learn about how to take care of it man I sat there thinking how the heck am I going to do this I was so used to partying and eating the way I wanted and it was difficult. I would do good for a couple of days then think ah i can eat that burger and fries and have 5 beers i have done so well lately but to my disappointment I was only setting up a downward spiral cause for the next week i would eat bad.
The problem was I had never come to terms with being a Diabetic.
I slowly learned that it is a way of life you have to change everything you do.
That's it for now, I am going to try to write every day see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and support you in everything. Great first post. Can't wait to see what you will come up with! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty! Welcome to the blog world! I didn't know you were diabetic...a rough hand to be dealt for sure. My uncle has diabetes and I wish he would take care of himself a little better. Keep eating right and LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE. She's a great lady. You are perfect partners for on another. Keep supporting each other. BTW - I'll follow you if you follow me. ;)

    ReplyDelete